Monday, December 15, 2008

{Blogger Blogger What Do You See...}

I see Rachel's 200th post looking at me! According to my computer, this is my 2ooth post (I'm not sure if that counts the 5 or so I've deleted) and it would have fallen on my 1 year blogging anniversary (Saturday), but the time slipped away from me. Since Christmas break started on Friday (for me that is) we've been busy with some seasonal Christmas activities such as:

-A babysitting swap so our friends could go to the temple.
-Had pizza for dinner. Pizza is every one's favorite food in the Guenther house (and I can cook)! Growing up we had pizza every Friday and we (along with many other friends who do the same) have tried to keep this tradition (unless we can't wait until Friday and we get "off" schedule).
-Baked and baked all the way till Sunday. We made Peppermint tarts, 59 Peanut Butter Blossoms, and 59 Orange Drop Cookies (Chad's late Grandma's recipe).
-Strung popcorn garland for the first time.
-Went to a wonderful Christmas pageant put on by our ward. Maisey ( a real stage lover) was bummed she wasn't in it since her friend Sage was, but I told her maybe next time. I guess the might be the "Thespian" of the family!
-Contracted another nasty cold therefore only Maisey and Chad played in the snow. I love to look at the snow, but as for playing in it, I am just fine with watching anyway.
-Built a fort and played in it for way too long.
-Had friends for dinner.
-Enjoyed the slow pace!

Thanks to all my viewers who make it fun!

4 comments:

jamie t. said...

Busy Busy! You make me tired! I hope you get feeling better. PS: your cookies look awesome

The Hadley Family said...

It looks like your family has been making good use of the snowy weather. Thanks for sharing the pictures from the ward Christmas party. We had a wedding and had to miss it. It looked like everyone was all dressed up. I bet it was wonderful. Tell Maisey she has a cool fort. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah, you make me feel tired too... To quote my dad, "Relax! Have a seat!"

Courtney B said...

that makes me want to build a fort. and eat cookies. i am sad we missed the Christmas pageant! maybe next year...