Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Vocabulary

I have a love/hate kind of relationship with language. My own prolixity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolixity) is not half of what I hope it to someday be. Did you know to help with this very problem or aspiration you can take a vocabulary class in college? Last I knew it was lower division, but nonetheless it was a class about learning and using new words. Sometimes I think about sitting down with my old friend Dic-tionary, and seeing what we can do. But then I remember, I like to think of myself as simple, and I hardly have the time. I do however find the most joy in reading blogs such as "The Bui Bugle" and "Psych Mom" because of the highly entertaining verbiage. Maybe someday, six months from now when I don't have any text books to read, Dic and I will get reacquainted. Not that the simple art of reading for "fun" (which I've never liked to do, unless related to medical or parental subjects), wouldn't also hurt, or help! In the meantime, keep the inspiration and laughs coming Nancy and Alie!

0 comments: