We headed out Monday in the crazy weather only to make it down I-5 before they closed it for cleanup! It was a dreadful drive (we didn't exceed 20 mph but managed to fish tail across all three lanes) and I would never do it again- it was full of excitement, or fear to say the least. We arrived safely and the fun with family began.
We spent Christmas eve at my Grandpa's and Grandma's house ( a life long tradition) and we spent Christmas Day with my parents. After the big eve with all the Clark's (28 of us), Christmas morning gifts from Santa, and Christmas Day gifts from my parents, we have had our fill of Christmas. The kids got way too much stuff and we informed Maisey that she won't be getting any gifts on her birthday in 6 months- from us anyway (no joke)!
*I went to town deleting pictures too soon and so some are missing, but below you can see a recap of our holiday. As always, it was magical and we hope yours was too!
This is one stretch of magic from my Grandma's Christmas collection!
She has many, many, many Dickens villages and some are pictured in this post but I deleted the whole village from her third room. One reason I love Christmas in Eugene is because of all these beautiful decorations!
Now we can't wait until next year! We came home Saturday and since then the house has been stripped of it's festive decorations. It looks like we're moving and I am trying not to think about how quickly the holiday came and went... I seriously get depressed when Christmas ends. You won't find any more Christmas movies playing or hear the 6+ hours of seasonal music coming from our radio; it's time to get ready for spring! And after the snow, I think I'm OK with that.



0 comments:
Post a Comment