I wonder if my children will ever sleep through the night? I have reason to be slightly impatient on this one (at least with Maisey) because she wakes up several times a night before rising at 5 am! Ryley, well, he still eats 3 x's a night and since he is mostly just bottle feeding now, we have to get up and make 3 bottles. I am a night owl (it's a good things since I have school work) and so I go to bed around 1am. Let me do the math, Ryley usually wakes up at least 3 times before 5am and two of those times (2 and 5am) are for food. "Come what may and love it" you say? I know they will only be little so long and someday I will wish I had babies again, so I will make the best of this time. But for now, I will still wonder when and if the day will come that I can get a full nights sleep!
*The kids do go to bed by 7pm and I've tried putting them to bed later so they would wake later but they are like little alarm clocks.



3 comments:
So, Aiden was doing three times a night forever and it was really tough. The only thing that solved it was eliminating the food factor. Try dropping off one feeding at a time. It's a fight at first, but in the long run it's better. He'll compensate by eating more in the daylight hours.
I never have figured out how you make it on so little sleep. You are amazing! Have you tried any sort of chart for Maisey maybe with stickers for every night she stays in her own room? Then you could do a small reward when she makes it a set amount of days. It's got to be hard with the two of them together. I admire your patience.
At least you are patient about it. When my kids keep me up all hours I can be pretty impatient. I hope they grow out of it soon, because I can't believe how little sleep you are going on!
Post a Comment