Monday, October 13, 2008

6 Months and Well Child Exams

Can you believe this little boy already passed his six month marker! I still feel like I had him yesterday (and look like it), but that is not the case! Time really does fly... I really don't get excited (ever) about well child exams. I don't like being there holding the kids down for shots, it breaks my heart. Ryley got the usual four injections and one oral this last visit so he's sportin' Tas Manian Devil band aids. On top of shots I always get concerned about what percentile they are in and for what. Ryley dropped to the 5th percentile for weight this time but I'm not too worried because Maisey was also a tiny little gal. Now I worry about her and the other extreme; it's just as hard.
Ryley just tried baby cereal for the first time yesterday and liked it, as he does his other foods. Hopefully, he will do me a little favor and make me look good by gaining some weight before his next month visit when he will get another dose of the flu shot. If not, I will stick to my story, my babes eat what they need to sustain them and not much more-despite their frequent newborn-like eating patterns.

0 comments: