Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving


My husband LOVES to carve pumpkins (he got himself two this year)! And me, not so much. I enjoy it some but it sure wasn't fun trying to explain again and again to Maisey that 5 year-olds aren't quite big enough to use big knives, to cut into their big pumpkins, and so on. So, I don't really enjoy doing two pumpkins (Maisey's and mine), and I especially don't enjoy the power struggles. But, we did get our pumpkins carved and lit! We did have fun, and as usual, they turned out pretty satisfactory. Chad used a pattern as he poked out the design, but then he couldn't make sense of all the dots so he went with what he could see. We decided Frankenstein has a bad case of acne! Maisey named her pumpkin Casper. She loved helping me drill holes around my branches with Dad's electric drill. Now all we have to do is remember to light them (we forgot last night)!
I found this cute idea on the Dining as a Domestic Goddess website (found in my favorites). You make the treats as usual, except you add orange dye to the marshmallows before packing them into the pan (or bowl in this case- for the pumpkin shape). Next, refrigerate for a couple hours, extract from bowl, and add a little frosting to garnish the Jack 'O' Lantern. He's ready to eat!

1 comments:

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Hey Racheal,
Thats is one cute pumpkin treat you guys made. I swear your like the queen of many talents. So amazing! I love it!So cute!