Thursday, October 30, 2008

{Finicky}

Tomorrow is Halloween and Maisey has opted out on participating in the class parade which will travel throughout the school. The school rule is that the children must wear their costume over their clothing, and only wear it during the parade. Because they aren't permitted to wear them all day, there was no way I was going to paint her face up, but I still encouraged her to join in. She turned my pleas down and when I asked her why, her explanation was "I just don't like the style!" She thinks it's ridiculous to wear clothing under the already perfect apparel she has in mind.
This past week a friend of mine commented saying, "Ryley is pretty finicky isn't he?" Yes, this is true and he is no different than Maisey. At times we recognize his pleasant differences such as the fact that he will lay in a crib and nod off to sleep within a few short minutes (as opposed to Maisey who never slept in a crib). However, in most instances we realize these kids know exactly what they want and when they want it! Sure there are moment they can seem demanding, frustrating, uncooperative, stubborn, (and on and on) but hopefully they will stand up for themselves throughout their lives and be who they really are.

2 comments:

PSYCHMOM said...

That pumpkin picture is great! I agree with Maisy about the whole costume business.

Courtney B said...

awwww... i am so sad i won't get to see cute maisey walk through my classroom today in her costume! i was hoping i would. BUT, i totally understand, it's lame and i feel the same way. i HAVE to dress up for our halloween party and i totally don't have anything but some fairy wings i bought last night... and nothing to go with them. so there you go. i am bitter. hahaha.