Monday, October 13, 2008

Relieved...

I am relieved that during this last family visit with "Grandma Eugene" and Aunt Erin Ryley was cooperative. He was more than cooperative, he was his super charming self- full of smiles. My mom had a conference up here in Portland for three days and since there was no school on Friday, she brought my sister. I didn't realize they hadn't seen the kids since the first weekend in August and boy was everyone missing each other during that time. We're sorry that time and travel hasn't been on our side because we really miss Grandpa and Uncle Chase too but we look forward to seeing them soon.
I think Ryley is gradually getting better and I only hope he isn't timid for long. Maisey was the same way (except we never tried leaving her anywhere until 18 months or let anyone hold her really), and obviously she came out of that phase independent and securely attached. She was so "shy" until 3 and like Ryley, would not smile for anyone or show her "true" colors. Ryley will even let other babies look at him now and he tried to touch one on Sunday in the Mother's room... Now that's progress.
* We were so caught up in catching up this visit that I forgot to take pictures.

2 comments:

Chris and Melanie said...

Halee was like that! She is still very shy. I bet he will grow out of like you said. Especially with such a social sis like Maisey.:)

The Sorensons said...

Hey just wanted to say I was thinking of you and the best way to catch all that you do is to check your blog out!