Monday, October 20, 2008

TOFW

Last Saturday I went to my first (and certainly not my last) Time Out For Women. I only stayed half the day (until lunch) because I am gone enough during the week at school, but I was still glad I went. If you're wondering what TOFW is, it is a two day presentation put on by Desert Book and it is so uplifting. Want to know more, check out http://deseretbook.com/time-out/about . The hours were filled with music and wonderful presentations from hilarious and moving speakers (I LOVE Emily Watts)! It was nice to attend it with new friends from our Beaverton ward and to see old friends from the Hood River Ward. One presenter spoke about pain and heartache, and it was rejuvenating. Our trials were analogized to a wheel, which isn't unfamiliar to me. In philosophy I'd heard about "the wheel of suffering" and again it was being used to demonstrate life and the ups and downs that come with it. It is nice to know that if we are at the bottom of the wheel and we are struggling, eventually things will turn around and we will see the top again. The concepts and information presented wasn't new my any means, but it was a big boost to my outlook on life- something I needed right now.

1 comments:

The Hadley Family said...

You're lucky you got to go to Time Out. I wanted to but just didn't think I could fit it into my schedule. I should have gone for the half day like you. You'll have to share more about it when Cheryl and I come Thursday. :)